Saturday, October 13, 2007

A girl, a cigar, a disgraced president

How's that for a working title?

I'm starting a piece right now based on some journaling I did during the trip G-man and I took to Cuba in January of 1998. Think of the working title as a sort of – what? Milieu? Tableau? Socio-political backdrop? Let's just pick the most pretentious of those and go with it. Anyway, A girl, a cigar, a disgraced president is the [Place pretentious term here} against which our trip was set. Even the historic papal visit to Cuba didn't warrant as much media attention as the torrid saga of Ms. L and Pres. C.

As you've probably gathered by the dearth of recent posts, I haven't had time to blog. That whole *making a living* thing, you know how it is. Still, I wanted to check in and let y'all know that babblings are brewing and will be posted soon(ish).

Virtual Hugs,

Papillon

No comments: