Saturday, June 30, 2007

The Stoner Workout

Understand first of all that this is coming from a woman who’s despised almost any form of exercise (except dancing, swimming and sex) for most of her life. And sure, pas de problème when I was in my 20s and had the metabolism of a hummingbird.

These days, however, I need to make an effort in order to be the Papillon, and not the Planet. (This girl likes her pasta and wine!)

I enjoy walking just to chill, but in order to burn some serious calories (and stress), I get on my elliptical cross-trainer, choose a kicky playlist on the iPod and go like a crazed hamster for an hour. Oh, and on weekends, I smoke a little weed first – just a little, mind you. This be Vancouver weed, yo, and more than a couple of tokes could result in me falling off the machine. Not a very graceful scenario.

Gogol Bordello’s Gypsy Punks Underdog World Strike album rates *high* on my list of Stoner Workout musical choices.

Amadou & Mariam’s album Dimanche à Bamako also works, but in an entirely different way. If you like Talking Timbuktu by Ali Farka Touré and Ry Cooder, these guys will rock your world.

Peace out & Happy Sweating. ;-)

2 comments:

Indeterminacy said...

Thanks for stopping by my place, and your comment. Next time I'll open a bottle of wine and we can drink a glass together.

Papillon said...

That sounds lovely, indeterminacy! I prefer red, but it stains the mofo braces, so I'm sticking to the Chardonnays these day.